Socialize with us: RSS Feed Follow GeekFury on Twitter Facebook myspace delicious Stumbles Youtube

GeekFury.com

All kinds of stuff that interests geeks.

Wanna see something very bizarre? Here are three segments of the US version of the IT Crowd‘s pilot episode. And guess who’s playing the role of Roy?  Joel McHale from none other than E!‘s The Soup. Note how closely Joel sticks to the way the original actor (Chris O’Dowd) delivered the lines. It’s like Joel’s channeling Chris.

And guess who’s playing Moss? Yep, you guessed it, Richard Ayoade.. the same actor who played Moss in the UK version… told it was weird. But judge for yourself.

UPDATE (8/12/10 10:18AM): I managed to find the first segment, so you can at least watch that until they find it…I say the US pilot still sucks and they should just air the UK version over here…

YouTube Preview Image

YouTube Preview Image

YouTube Preview Image

UPDATE (8/12/10 12:03AM): Looks like the stooges at NBC/Universal got to youtube and had them take down the vids. Now worries though, just watch the original UK version’s 1st episode and enjoy the much better version. :)

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

There are 8 comments for this post.

1. pemdasi on August 11, 2010 1:32 am

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

2. anon on August 11, 2010 9:14 am

this is terrible, why does every joke have to be explained.

3. Moss on August 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Removed. Laaame :

4. Roy on August 12, 2010 12:48 pm

wtf is this crap. The original is far far better than this, are the american public really so dumb that they need this level of talking down to?

5. mee on August 12, 2010 9:29 pm

I'm starting a riot! This is bullsh*t! Who's with me?

6. Roy on August 16, 2010 4:07 pm

They even kept the same set? Couldn't they have just dubbed it with an american accent for less money?

7. abby on August 24, 2010 1:07 am

I would so much rather they air the British version over here!!!! Richard Ayoade is hilarious, but as much as I like the Soup, Joel McHale shouldn't resort to sitcom television. Ugh! I'll stick to Netflixin'g the British version for sure

8. difuoan on January 31, 2011 6:24 am

First of all, I love The I.T. Crowd.
    It's one of my favourite series along with The Big Bang Theory, Futurama, Simpsons and of course Pinky and the Brain.
    Now, the video has been removed, but over here in Austria we have a German ( It's Austria, not Australia so don't get confused. ) version of the I.T. crowd and it sucks hard, so I guess I understand what everybody is complaining about.
    Here's a little example of what I mean ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RLaKUiiqk ).
    I'm not the kind of person who hates dubs, parodies or remakes, but the original really is better.

Also (might be a little inappropriate, sorry), I thought I might give the community something to kill the time until the next season and made a Moss t-shirt which can be bought here ( http://www.zazzle.de/i_really_mean_fire_tshirt-23… / http://www.zazzle.de/difuoan ).

Greetings,
    difuoan.

Write a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.